Monday, February 19, 2018

RETIREment Gift Idea


Tonight I am giving this gift I made to someone in my book club that is retiring from her in job. I made the sign and other members of our club are buying something that fits each of those letters. We did have to double up on a few of the letters.

I am curious and excited to see what each person buys her that goes with each letter theme.

To make this wall hanging I had bought the pre-made wood hanging from Walmart and then made the letters on my Silhouette machine.

The word retire is one type of font and the adjoining letters are another font. I thought that added some more visual interest. Once I had got the words in place I put two coats of Modge Podge sealer over the top then I did two coats of acrylic high gloss clear paint, allowing it to dry in between each layer.

When it was all dry I glued into place with a hot glue gun, ribbon and flowers. Be sure to take all the plastic pieces out out from the flower so it will glue on flat and stay into place better.

No comments: