Monday, January 25, 2016

Sweet Treats from Pinterest, Part 2

Some more recipes I found on pinterest and tried out for myself. All the pictures below are of the ones I made. 



I used the recipe from Food.com.

Kinda putzy, but Soooooo Good! The topping actually makes about double of what you need, so I used Ritz crackers on the bottom when I ran out of shortbread. My husband said they tasted good and you couldn't even taste the Ritz; that it was just a holder for the good stuff.

The picture of the plate was only about 1/3 of them. I had 20 shortbread and 20 Ritz crackers that I used.

Oh - I also used half the amount of coconut. 4 Cups seemed excessive and it really would have been. To toast the coconut, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes, tossing and stirring every 5 minutes.


My son loved this idea for Vampire Donuts from Mommy Octopus, that we just had to do it for his birthday! He liked old fashioned donuts, so we used that instead of raised ones but we did have an issue of the donuts breaking apart, so I think raised would be better.


Ready for another chocolate and caramel recipe? They try out this Carmelitas recipe from Lulu the Baker. I pretty much love anything with caramel, but once you add chocolate it becomes even better. This is a pretty classic recipe and worth trying. I made these bars with a homemade caramel sauce, but she also tells you how to make them with caramel candies as well. Make sure you factor in cooling time before serving these delicious bars!



This recipe from Made to Be a Momma is super easy and super tasty. It is something festive and appealing to have on the breakfast table for Christmas. I had more icing than she did. Had I made the icing thicker it might have looked even prettier.

No comments: