Monday, August 17, 2015

Clean Eating Strawberry-Watermelon Sorbet



Summer is upon us and I have been making efforts the last 2 weeks of school to have snacks and treats on hand that my kids will enjoy but contain no added sugars and are not fried. I have continued this through out the summer ( know summer is almost over by the time I am sharing this.) I have made potato chips (just potatoes & salt) and my dehydrator has been working non stop making fruit leathers, banana chips, pineapple "candy" and \jerky. I do plan to make some apple chips soon too, as well as granola bars and chocolate almond date protein balls. Of course we do have packaged snacks around, but I am trying to depend upon them less and less. My family does seem to gravitate towards anything homemade. When I made this sorbet recipe (I used to make this all the time when I ran a bed and breakfast and people LOVED it!!) I doubled the recipe so that I have a lot of this frozen treat in the freezer for us, plus I had half a watermelon to use up.


Clean Eating Strawberry-Watermelon Sorbet
6 C fresh watermelon
2 C fresh  (or thawed) strawberries
1/2 C water
1 tsp. stevia
2 T lemon juice

Directions:
Puree all ingredients in a food processor and place in an airtight container. Allow 24 hours to freezer before serving. Scoop out of container and enjoy. Or if you want to "fluff" it you can break it up with a fork, or "smooth" it by placing the frozen mixture in a food processor before serving.

No comments: