Thursday, March 26, 2015

Handmade Peep Finger Puppets


I am making a concentrated effort to give my kids MUCH less candy this year for Easter, as well as provide them with items that will encourage active outdoor play or using their imagination, or just plain will get used.

My preschool son still loves to play with his puppets (my 3rd grade daughter has recently decided she was no longer interested in them and gave all hers to her brother, which he is excited about).

It took me about an hour from start to finish to make these AND the 2 Peep hair ties I made for my daughter. So, these are a pretty quick and easy project to make for your kids.

I hand drew out a Peep Shape on the felt with chalk and cut 2 pieces of each color. These ended up being about double the size of a regular Peep so that they were big enough to stick a finger in.

I stitched the face on to the front piece. Then I did a quick whip stitch around the edges, closing the sides and around the head. On the bottom I did a whip stitch on each side individually, but not together because you need a place to stick your finger in to.

No comments: