Monday, January 5, 2015

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe


Whether you are trying to eat healthy to get in better shape, as a new year's resolution or always try to eat with whole foods, switching to whole wheat flour from the all-purpose white flour is a good starting point and is easy to do. Pancakes are easy to make and when you can make them taste like pumpkin pie without any of the sugar, then then are even better. Consider using pure maple syrup, apple sauce, or another fruit sauce that you make yourself to be assured of the sugar content, like my Low Carb Raspberry Sauce recipe.

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes

3 c. whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1 C pumpkin puree
3 eggs
2 c. whole milk, or unsweetened almond milk
1/2 c. coconut oil, melted

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Add eggs; mix slightly and continue adding remaining wet ingredients. Stir until well combined. Using 1/3 c. measuring scoop, scoop batter on to heated griddle or pan sprayed with cooking spray. Cook 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until fluffy and golden brown. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Kori said...

I'm all about anything pumpkin flavored and those look absolutely delicious.

Mom Knows Best said...

I love that these are healthy. They look so yummy

Jamie said...

These look really good. My husband doesn't like pumpkin, so I'd have to camouflage that somehow!! ha/ha My son and I would enjoy them, though!

Cali Julz said...

yum!! pumpkin -- I'd eat these up in a heart beat!

Alison Shaffer said...

sounds like a good winter breakfast! anything pumpkin is good to me,