Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: FREE Youth Bowling Classes at J&J Bowling & OTHER FREE CLASSES


This if for the bowling alley in Faribault, MN called J&J Bowling, but I encourage you to call your closest bowling alley and see if they offer youth bowling class and if they have a free trial class. J&J Bowling is offering a free class before the start of each league, which is a good way for kids to try it out and see if this is something they might like. Bowling classes with peers can be a very different experience than when they have gone to birthday parties at the bowling alley or going bowling with their family.



I really appreciate when organizations offer a free trial class. If you think your child might be interested in trying a sport, ask if they have a free trial class day, they just might. Besides bowling, I have also seen free tennis lesson trial day around us.

Or ask up front what their refund policy is if after 1 or 2 classes if your child doesn't enjoy the class and doesn't want to pursue it. I did this with swim team (which my daughter does enjoy and has begun her 2nd year on swim team and just moved up a level) and while they don't advertise a trial basis, I asked about one and they were willing to let her try it out for 2 weeks and just hold my check until after that. I wouldn't have known if I didn't ask.

If they are interested in gymnastics, maybe see if they have an open gym time that you can drop-in to to just try out the equipment once without signing up for a whole class yet.

I have also seen around us that one of the figure skating places has a "Bring a Friend FREE" day as part of their classes. So, you might want to talk among your friends (post on FB if that works) and see who you know that might be offering it.

I also just learned of a Martial Arts class that I am going to enroll my son in that you pay every class they attend (plus a $5 reg fee at the first class). So, if after a couple classes I am only out the $5 reg fee and not the rest of the weeks in the session.

Come back on Oct 2nd and I am going to share some information about free hockey lessons in our area for ages 3-10.

Let me know if you live in our area and what more information about the places I have referenced and I will get you information. If you don't live around me, just ask. You might never know if you don't ask.

No comments: