Friday, September 5, 2014

Fitness Friday: Checking In & Back to Routine



I don't know about every one else, but summer really through me off this year. I am sure it is not going to get any better as both kids get more involved, but between different start times and locations for so many things, as well as  family vacations, I felt like my workouts often had to take a back burner.

Now that school is back in session, it's time to coordinate the (mostly) predictability of my children's schedules and sync up mine with that to see where I can fit stuff in and what fitness classes are available at those time. I find that if I don't create a schedule for myself and schedule something in, it just might not happen. Plus, I have friends I don't have the opportunity to see during the day but can see if I go to an evening class.

I do have a 10K that I am signed up for next month, so I do need to keep incorporating runs in my schedule, but have limited by week day runs to two 5K runs during the week and then a 5-6 mile run on the weekend with a friend. The rest of my fitness classes I can fit in will be a combination of Strength and Yoga classes. It is purely due to this coordination of scheduling that I will be taking a break from going to Zumba classes, although I am making it a point to go to my weekly Kick It Up (Cardio Kickboxing type) class. And I am hoping to get a couple of long bike rides in with a friend too.

So, how about you?
What does your weekly schedule look like?
Is scheduling exercise helpful to you?
Are you glad to be back to a routine (if you were off one for the summer)?

No comments: