Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Cheap Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Slime Ooze


Some times desperate times call for some creativity. I need to give credit to my daughter for this idea.

My son was invited to a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle birthday party and we comprised a gift bag full of TMNT items including a book, a puzzle and the above pictured action figure. I let my son pick out everything and when we were home I was looking more closely at the items. The action figure DID NOT include the ooze slime that was to be launched by Leonardo. Aaack! So, I went online to look at how much it cost it was $18.99 (more than the action figure) for disposable ooze.

We made our own slime (I'll share that recipe later in a future blog post) and while it was fun to play with, it was not the right consistecy to work with this toy. Ugh! So, we went to the dollar store to see if they carried slime - nope! But my daughter saw this bottle of Aloe Vera Soothing Gel and we looked at it. It was the right color and the right consistency and certainly the right price (plus, if my son's fair-skinned friend burned, he had his ooze to rub on himself).


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well this is just something the grand kids and I are going to have to do!