Monday, June 30, 2014

Try It Tuesday: Contact Paper Update


I have to tell you, this has been on my to-do list for a long time. I even bought the contact paper one time ended u[ using it for another project and had to buy new contact paper. When I bought new contact paper, I bought this 2-pack of contact paper by Laura Ashley on Amazon for under $10. I used about 2/3 of one roll, so I suspect there will be another project in my future where I use this contact paper.

So you can see the before the picture (click on the picture to enlarge it) you can see the the veneer in bay window has peeled away (that to some spilled water and kids peeling at it - darn kids!), and then the veneer cracked all across where the window is attached to the wall leaving a crack line across the whole thing. Structurally, everything is ok, but ascetically it was not, so I put down some contact paper to cover it up.

This pattern works great in my old Queen Anne Victorian home. Contact paper is so easy to apply to shelves or anything. You can easily remove it as well. I think it is such an improvement that literally took me about 10 minutes to do and leaves me wondering why I didn't do this so much sooner.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love using contact paper. There is so many different ways to use it.

Michelle F.

mail4rosey said...

My mom used to use it when I was a kid. I read somewhere recently that you can get it peel and stick now. How cool is that? :)

Stacey - Seattle Mom Blog said...


That is a great idea! Low cost and easy to do!

Rebecca Swenor said...

Great idea and looks good. Contact paper has so many uses. I always put it in my drawers and cupboards. Thanks for sharing.

Lexie Lane said...

Love this! Never seen it before and it's definitely a money saver!

Unknown said...

Contact paper is one of those things I have never had in my house, oddly enough! But it is definitely something I SHOULD have, because obviously it really comes in handy! I always need multi-purpose products like this! Thanks for sharing!