Monday, November 25, 2013

Make It Monday: Strawberry & Cream Stuffed French Toast


Strawberry and Cream Stuffed French Toast
1 loaf of french bread (day old works great!)
8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
8 oz plain greek yogurt
1 C sugar
1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
8 large eggs
1 C milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions:

  • Spray 13x9 pan with non-stick cooking spray
  • Slice french bread in to 1/2 slices (my pan fit 8 slices, so I cut 16 for a top & bottom)
  • Place one layer of bread in the bottom of the pan
  • Beat together cheese, yogurt and sugar until fluffy
  • Spread cheese mixture on top of first bread layer
  • Place strawberries in a layer over the cheese mixture
  • Top with second layer of bread
  • Beat together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon until well mixed
  • Pour egg mixture over all of the ingredients in the pan
  • Cover and set aside in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 1 hour
  • Enjoy!

8 comments:

Suzi Satterfield said...

Oh, my. That seems like the perfect breakfast! I <3 strawberries and I <3 French toast.

Unknown said...

This looks really yammie:)

Jessica said...

Yum, my boys love French Toast. I've never tried a stuffed French toast this looks great.

Debra Rutt said...

this looks yummy, I wonder if you could substitute blueberries or some other fruit...I'm allergic to strawberries :(

mail4rosey said...

This does sound and look delicious!

Megan Sutliff said...

oh yumm!!

Beth said...

Looks really tasty! My sister would love to make these.

Unknown said...

This looks so good. It looks like something to try on my cheat day. Darn this losing weight process! LOL