Monday, November 4, 2013

Make It Monday: Quick and Easy Clean Eating Chicken Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce



Sometimes I don't have a whole array of veggies in the fridge and so I like to use stir fry vegetable mixes so that we have a variety of vegetables in our stir fry without the price tag of buying a whole container or bag of each individual vegetable. Also, I love that they are already washed, chopped and juiliened. Save me some time! No, I am not reviewing this product. I just like it, bought it and wanted to share it with you! I choose the Sugar Snap Pea variety because I can't eat sweet peppers, which are in most stir fry mixes, but this is not one of them. If you have an intolerance to sweet peppers, then check out all my recipes on this blog because not one will have them in them.

Quick and Easy Chicken Stir-Fry with Peanut Suace
Toasted Sesame Oil
2 T low-sodium soy sauce
1 T natural peanut butter
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar, optional
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 oz bag of frozen Westpac Quick & Easy Stir-Fry Vegetable Combo
3/4 pound chicken boneless, skinless tenderloins, cut in to thin slices
brown rice, cooked

Directions: 


  • Heat a wok or large frying pan oven medium heat; add sesame oil.
  • Brown chicken until no longer pink inside
  • Add garlic and frozen stir-fry vegetables and cook until softened.
  • While food is cooking, shake together soy sauce, peanut butter,vinegar and ginger.
  • Sprinkle sauce mixture over the top of everything in the pan and cook for 5 more minutes
  • Serve over the top of brown rice

4 comments:

Vinma said...

I usually use sweet bell peppers in my stir fry, so I have never tried Sugar Snap Pea variety. I am curious about this now and might make it soon this way. Thanks for the recipe :)

Prototype Mama said...

Stir fry is so easy to make and there are so many variations. Thinking I might add this to our menu this month

Sofia said...

I LOVE stir fry but I have never tried a peanut sauce with it! Sounds like it is worth the try :)

Anonymous said...

so easy to make and do delicious