Monday, October 21, 2013

Make It Monday: Southwestern Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


One of my favorite things about carving pumpkins (be sure to check out our creations this year) is that we have an abundance of seeds to roast. This recipe fits perfectly in the clean eating or paleo lifestyle. If you are looking for something sweet, then try my Sugar and Spice Pumpkin Seeds Recipe. Or maybe you want to use the pumpkin too, then read my post on How to Bake a Pumpkin.

Southwestern Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


1 1/2 C pumpkin seeds, rinced and dry
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp celery salt
1/8 tsp hot sauce
1 1/2 tsp grapeseed oil (or your oil preference)

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Combine all seasonings and oil in small dish
  • Pour seasoning mixture over bowl of pumpkin seeds and stir until well coated
  • Spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes
  • Allow to cool before serving
  • Enjoy!



10 comments:

Unknown said...

These look magnificent!!!

Debi said...

I love pumpkin seeds but I have never made them myself. Maybe it is the year to start.

Unknown said...

Yum yum yum! I've never made pumpkin seeds (or even carved a pumpkin - I'm somewhat of a Scrooge ;) ), but these look scrumptious! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

yummy, I love to roast pumpkin seeds. I remember doing them when we were kids with mom. Thanks for sharing

Lexie Lane said...

I've never thought of dressing up pumpkin seeds! I bet these are spicy delicious!

Unknown said...

These look yummy!!!

Unknown said...

I love how easy it is to roast seeds! I also do this with squash seeds.

Garf said...

I like pumpkin seeds. They are good substitute to popcorn :-).

Anonymous said...

Oh YUM! I've tried a bunch of flavors, I'll need to try this one!

Julie said...

We are definitley making these this year!