Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Try It Tuesday: Balloon Print Caterpillar

This will be your first introduction to the Preschool Theme for this week, which is "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". That post will be live on Friday and you can get ideas for a variety of activities, crafts and worksheets to do that preschool theme at home.

 My son had a great time with this project because it was fun to paint with something out of the ordinary. I blew up 2 water balloons (one red & one green so he was easily able to know which paint to dip it in) and had him start with making the head of the caterpillar followed by prints for the body of the caterpillar.

Next I let him glue on on googly eye and some antenna that I cut from some craft foam.


 Finally, I had him draw on the caterpillar legs. I got a kick out of watching him draw all the legs and he was trying so hard to draw them the same length.


1 comment:

The Yogi Vegetarian said...

One of my favourite books.... funnily enough, my kids (now teens) were talking about it this evening! I have also used it in school to teach counting and days of the week.Nice theme :)