Thursday, February 9, 2012

Make a Magnetic Shaped Activity

This is a fun activity to give kids to encourage them to use their imagination, learn their shapes and colors.

Just cut out craft foam in a variety of shapes and glue magnets on the back. I used those business magnets that I was given in packages or at the fair. You can easily cut those magnets to your desired size. Then I simply glued them on the back of the shapes I cut out.

Let you kids have fun putting the shapes together in different ways to create pictures, or you can arrange the shapes/colors in patterns and ask your child to repeat the pattern.

I made these for my daughter a couple years ago and she had recently taken it out to play with (although I think there are a few pieces missing that I had made).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fun idea! Maybe something to look into doing