Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Homemade Microwave Caramel Corn

I make this every year at Christmas (and maybe one other time) and it is one of my favorite things to give to teachers and co-workers. I have often been asked for the recipe and do give it out. I was asked once again, so thought that if I was typing it up I might as well take some pictures and put it in a blog post. Then next time I can just share the link. :) I just made up a batch to give to our ECFE educators as a Christmas present and I have plans to make up 1-2 more batches yet this season to give away. I need to give credit to my mom for this recipe.


 Microwave Caramel Corn
 1/2 C butter
1 C brown sugar
1/4 C light corn syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
4-5 qts popped corn (I use 3 microwave bags)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Directions
Put butter, sugar, syrup & salt in a glass bowl and microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes. Stir well. Microwave 2 1/2 minutes more. Stair in baking soda. Pour over popcorn in a large paper bag. Fold down top & shake well (I like to stir it with a wooden spoon, then shake it.) Microwave bag for 1 1/2 minutes. Shake bag well. Pour onto sheets of wax paper to cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks so good, and it doesn't sound too hard to make.