Sunday, October 30, 2011

Crock Pot Pumpkin Curry Soup

I asked my daughter what she wanted me to make with the pumpkin she received from her class field trip to the Oak View Nursery and Pumpkin Patch and after coming up with several ideas she decided on pumpkin soup. Thanks to the book Plumply Dumply Pumpkin for providing so many ideas (great book for kids!) I couldn't find the exact recipe I was looking for to make a crock pot, so I needed to come up with my own recipe. This was a very tasty soup!




Crock Pot Pumpkin Curry Soup
4 cloves garlic
1 medium onion
2 C cooked, pureed pumpkin (learn to bake you own pumpkin)
4 C broth
2 tsp. curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
10oz container of Philadelphia Original Cooking Creme

Directions:
Mince onions and garlic. Heat some olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and saute until translucent. Add onions, garlic, pumpkin, brother and seasonings to a crock pot. Cook on High for 3-4 hours or Low for 7-8 hours. Stir in cooking creme during the last 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!

Remember to save your seeds for roasting with this recipe I posted earlier this month.



The owner(s) of this website is compensated through various affiliate programs and some content presents opinions on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this website may receive affiliate compensation for reviews or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this website are purely the website’s’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Guess what's in the crockpot again! Yes, I love this soup!!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this soup!!!! I could eat the whole batch myself! :-)