Tuesday, February 9, 2010

#127 Turn Onesies in T-shirts

Both of my kids have long torsos and have a tendency to outgrow tops & one-piece outfits faster than the bottoms. I know I could buy some garment extenders, but I didn't want to pay $10 for three extenders and $6 for s/h. So, while I was making bows for my daughter I came up with the idea to cut off the bottoms and use fray check on the bottom to keep it from fraying. They are undershirts, so I am not concerned about an unfinished edge that is not going to be seen. What I was concerned about was having to buy MORE onesies, which are a must during this winter season. And when my daughter was an infant it took a lot of searching to find undershirts, as opposed to onesies. So, I am happy to save myself money by modifying & using things I already own.

No comments: